On December 15, 2017 I shared on my Social Media channels the following image:
Two weeks later, I revealed the “secret” with this teaser:
You perfectly understood: I left the little city of Lugano (Switzerland) on January 1, 2018 for one of the biggest experiences of my life! Living in Japan, in the huge city of Tokyo 😀
Followers could keep track of my adventure, especially on:
Elly Lakes World (Facebook)
Elly Lakes (YouTube)
I spent two years as a student at KAI Japanese Language School, and worked part-time as an English teacher, Media Manager for an HR agency, and Marketing Intern for a renewable energy company.
These two years were definitely tough. I studied and worked a lot, but I also traveled a lot. As a result, I passed JLPT N2 and BJT J3 language tests. I visited new Japanese regions (e.g. Kyushu, Hokkaido), then with what I called the Escapes Around The World, I have been to Seoul and South Korea, Hong Kong, China, and Taiwan.
I met people from different countries, and I made new Japanese friends and “family”, who helped me through some tough times (e.g. at the hospital). Last but not least, I met the man of my dreams. I will remember these two years as the most intense of my life (so far!) with lots of tears, but also smiles.
Said so, the era of Inside Japan – Living Tokyo! came to an end, leaving space to Inside Japan (with contents about the Land of the Rising Sun) and a brand new life and sets of adventures. Continue follow me on my Social Media to discover what comes next!
Inside Japan – Living Tokyo! 2018 Cover:
Inside Japan – Living Tokyo! 2019 Cover:
Articles regarding the experience (English/Italian):
- Living Tokyo – First Week Report (1/8/2018)
- Living Tokyo – Second Week Report (1/15/2018)
- Living Tokyo – What Does It Mean? (1/29/2018)
- Living Tokyo – What Does It Mean? Part Two (2/13/2018)
- Living Tokyo – Big vs. Small City (2/20/2018)
- Living Tokyo – Working in Japan (2/28/2018)
- Living Tokyo – Radio Live and Other Adventures (3/25/2018)
- Living Tokyo – Okinawa and Kyushu with My Parents! (4/17/2018)
- Living Tokyo – Gold and Silver Weeks (5/14/2018)
- Living Tokyo – Shin-Okubo and the KPOP Industry (5/18/2018)
- Living Tokyo – Apparent Calm Before the Storm (6/3/2018)
- Living Tokyo – Latest News from the Big City (6/19/2018)
- Living Tokyo – My (Stra)ordinary Japanese Life (7/1/2018)
- Living Tokyo – Working in Japan Part Two (7/14/2018)
- Living Tokyo – My First Tea Ceremony, Tanabata, and Kabuki (7/22/2018)
- Living Tokyo – Summer Festivals and Birthday Parties (8/4/2018)
- Living Tokyo – Back to My New Life (8/25/2018)
- Living Tokyo – Work, Dance, and Snakes (9/17/2018)
- Living Tokyo – Endings and Beginnings (9/28/2018)
- Living Tokyo – Foxes, Onsen, and Digital Art (10/18/2018)
- Living Tokyo – Shibuya Halloween and Other Amazing Stories (11/5/2018)
- Living Tokyo – Among Exams and Christmas Lights (1/2/2019)
- Living Tokyo – Comeback on a FujiQ Rollercoaster (1/18/2019)
- Living Tokyo – From Sapporo Snow Festival to Hell Valley and Bears (2/17/2019)
- Living Tokyo – Busy Japanese Life (3/17/2019)
- Living Tokyo – 久しぶりだね！ (6/21/2019)
- Living Tokyo – From Hakone Lake to the Top of Mount Fuji (7/31/2019)
- Living Tokyo – From Swiss Chocolate to Japanese Sashimi (9/2/2019)
- Living Tokyo – Between Paradise and Hell (10/2/2019)
- Living Tokyo – Updates from a Travelling Soul (11/24/2019)
- Living Tokyo – Plot Twist and Big Question Mark (12/30/2019)
Discover more about my Japanese experience: Inside Japan | Inside Japan – The Exhibition | Inside Japan – Virtual Tours!
One thought on “Inside Japan – Living Tokyo!”
Hi thanks so much for speaking about this side of digital business.